CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 22, 2012

Working with Students with Specials Needs FREEBIE

Next year we will have 6 paraprofessionals working with our students at the new building. Fortunately, most of them have prior experience with working with students with special needs. However, when preparing for a paraprofessional training I started to wonder how much I have really educated my paras about special needs in general.

I have created a guide titled Working with Students with Specials Needs for paras, substitutes, and volunteers to educate them on using "person-first" language, general information about disabilities and their characteristics and successful teaching strategies, and quick tips for providing modifications in the classroom.

Enjoy!

Working with Students with Special Needs

6 comments:

kjohnson4 said...

What a great freebie:) I have been working on something like this...and it's slow going...You might have saved me some work:) If I have any different ideas to include in my handbook, I hope it will be useful for you!

We are ALL Special!

Melanie Broxterman said...

This looks great! I can't wait to check it out and share with 3 new paras that will be in my building this year!
Thank!

SuzanneS said...

This is FABULOUS! Thank you so much for sharing this for free! I teach K - 2nd self-contained with Multiple Disabilities, so this is going to be used to help my paraprofessionals this year. Thanks so much for sharing!

Lora Ann Rothfuss said...

As a new para I look forward to reading this. Thanks!!

Rany Tandoom said...

thanks

Rany Tandoom said...

thanks