CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Take a Break Tuesday-- Recipe Binder

This summer I have been giving a lot of thought to starting another blog that is not teaching related. However, the hassle of redesigning a new site did not seem like a fun summer "break" activity for me. So I have decided to implement Take a Break from Teaching Tuesdays where I will share non-teaching related tidbits about cooking, decorating, or other fun stuff I find along the way.

For my first Take a Break Tuesday, I wanted to share one of my favorite home projects... my recipe binder. I love pinning new recipes on Pinterest, reading about new recipes in Everyday Food, or getting new recipes from family and friends. However, I found that every time I wanted to make a favorite dish I was re-looking it up online or digging through a pile of recipes. That is how the recipe binder was born.

Here is the super cute cover.

I use the front cover for any new recipes I want to try out.
I have tabbed dividers for different types of food (sides, appetizers, breakfast, main dish, soups and salads, dessert, etc.).  Any recipes I find in magazines or online I simply hold punch and file in the correct category.
This is my favorite feature... under each tab I also have photo inserts where I can fit recipes on index cards, recipes cut off the back of a box, or found in the grocery store, etc. and nothing gets lost or buried!

No comments: