CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, August 4, 2012

Social Story Saturday #4-- Going to Timeout (FREEBIES!)


This is my final set of social story and sort FREEBIES! I hope everyone has gotten a chance to check out my other social story FREEBIE story and sort sets: 

Being a Good Friend 

Work Time

Circle Time

This set is geared towards proper Time Out Behavior. Several of my students were having meltdowns when I would send them to timeout. In retrospect, I think this was because they had nothing better to do than meltdown. Since the implementation of Think It Over sheets and these Time Out Sorts, these meltdowns have greatly decreased. However, they still happen once in a FULL moon (I have a theory that my kids go crazy whenever there is a full moon... does this happen in other classrooms as well?!).

Click on the links below each picture to take you to the pdf... ENJOY! and stop back next week for a BONUS Social Story FREEBIE!!



Choices Sorting Mat

3 comments:

Claire said...

Hi Allison! Thanks for stopping by my blog :) I am THRILLED to see another teacher of students with multiple disabilities...we are so few and far between in the blogging world. Thanks for sharing your social stories...they look great! I can't wait to explore your blog some more.
-Claire
Special Speckled Eggs

Jill Quigley said...

Allison,
I love your time-out social story. My students are very low- functioning students with autism. I was looking for rules for time- out to post for students. Any ideas?

Thanks!!

MissAllison said...

Hi Jill!
Unfortunately I do not have any time out rules. Using the Think It Over, social stories, and sorting has always worked for me. Also, I set a timer and my kids know they have to be "ready to work" before I will let them return to class. Since I make them work during the timeout and have them take home the Think It Over to be signed I rarely have the issue of students using timeout as an escape so it all works out ok for my group!