CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, October 15, 2012

Fall and Halloween Gross Motor Movements FREEBIE

Our kids only get MD gym once per week because we split our large group into two smaller groups. On the alternate day when a group is not at specials we do gross motor or modified yoga.

Typically we try to align our gross motor activities with whatever theme we are studying that week. A lot of our activities we stream from Activity TV which is a super awesome site that our kids love. We use the yoga videos and pretend play videos (which we make visual cue cards for).

Over the past few weeks I have seen some great themed gross motor cards on different blogs and I decided to compile some ideas and make some of my own for our morning movement time to go with our fall and Halloween themes.

Enjoy these cards as this week's FREEBIE!

Click HERE for this Fall & Halloween Gross Motor Movements FREEBIE!

Welcome Manic Monday visitors from Classroom Freebies! I hope you like this fall FREEBIE and come back soon for more freebies and fun!




Classroom Freebies Manic Monday

4 comments:

Leah Mathis said...

These are great! I will be using them with my preschooler! So glad to have found your blog! :)
Leah @ Learning 4 Keeps

Angel Read said...

You do yoga in your class? That is awesome! I don't have my own classroom yet, but I've always planned on trying yoga with kids. When I was a nanny I had a video called Yoga ABC or something like that, and it showed you how to do a yoga move for every letter of the alphabet. They were mostly the animal ones like Downward Dog, which they just called Dog. :)

MissAllison said...

Leah- Thanks for visiting! I hope your preschooler likes these!

Angel- We use a Yoga Phonics video that the kids love because of all the animals too. I have to admit our yoga moves are more approximations than the real deal but it's a great way to get the kids moving in the morning!

The Gift of Autism said...

We love yoga in our class. We have been using the Wai Lana videos. We've also done some approximations of moves from the books Peaceful Piggy and My Dad is a Pretzel. It's such a great way to get the body moving. It's also great for calming.