CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Take a Break Tuesday--OCD Closet




A benefit of living in a 3 bedroom house with no kids is LOTS of closet space. This is half of my "work clothes" closet. (I have a "play clothes" closet in our office room). Having two huge closets is AWESOME! But they can easily get messy so its a good thing I am a little bit OCD! 

First, I have hangers turned inward and outward depending on when the clothes were last worn. At the end of last school year, I turned all of my hangers the wrong way. Throughout this year as I wear and wash an item I will return it with the hanger the right way. Then, at the end of this school year I will take any clothing that is still turned the wrong way and donate it. This is a super simple organization tip given that makes cleaning out the closet each year so easy! No more "I think I will wear this again" when you haven't worn something for a whole year! It also makes outfit planning kind of easy because I can see what items haven't been worn in a while. The one thing that I cannot part with however is all of my button down shirts that I wore student teacher. For some reason I think I will some day be in a job that doesn't involve getting down on the classroom floor doing yoga, getting slobbered on, and constantly fearing getting splattered with paint, food, or snot. As an elementary MD teacher that day is not in the near future! 

Another OCD thing about my closet is the way it is organized by length. Bottoms are organized by leg length: skirts/shorts, capris, pants. Shirts are organized by sleeve length: tanks, short sleeve, 3/4 sleeve, long sleeve. Then come the sweater-wraps and dresses. Sweaters and school logo sweatshirts are in a hanging sweater box. This organization makes it SO much easier to pick an outfit in the morning. I am totally not a morning person! (I do try to pick out all of my outfits for the week on Sunday evening but sometimes I forget due to Sunday night programming. I love Big Brother, Celebrity Apprentice and especially WALKING DEAD!!

The final thing is just a little OCD. I have to put all of my empty hangers in a crate. I cannot leave them hanging. My boyfriend leaves his hanging and just grabs them at laundry time. I don't know why that bugs me so much! Especially since we don't even share a closet! 

Does anyone else have any OCD closet tendencies? What are they?

2 comments:

Karyn said...

I love your organization! I too am OCD about my closet. Pants are organized by type (i.e., dress, jeans, capris, etc.) and my shirts are organized by sleeve length like yours! All of my clothes are organized by color as well...so it makes picking out an outfit super quick! So do you get teased like I do about my super organization? :o)

Mrs. Wheeler said...

Ha ha ha! I like the hanger idea...I've always wanted to do it. I have my closets color-coded!!! OCD? Yes.

Megan
Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
Mrs. Wheeler TpT