Sign up for SpEd Spot tips, tricks, and FREEBIES straight to your inbox!

    Thursday, February 14, 2013

    Valentine's Day Boxes

    Happy Valentine's Day!! I hope everyone lived through the sugar and chaos every class party seems to bring!

    This year my team has been sending home monthly "home projects" to have the students work on with their families. We have found this to be important because many of our students do not recieve homework so we wanted to make sure they still sat down at least once each month to work on something with their parents. This gives them a chance to show off how hard they have been working on those fine motor skills!

    This month we had the kids make Valentine Boxes. I used this great letter from Jennifer at Empowering Little Learners which cut down on the prep time on my end (what teacher doesn't love that?!).

    I was so pleased with a lot of our boxes and the kids were super excited to share what they made.

    Here are some pictures of their creations:
    Here are several of our boxes.


    This student had the cutest dog house box complete with a life-size replica of his best friend (his dog Sky).
    Here is a great box for a LaLaLoopsy Lover!
    This is an adorable hugging monster box.
    Complete with handy trap door (This student was ecstatic about this feature)!


    4 comments:

    Mrs. Wheeler said...

    So cute! Who is Lala Loopsy!? I am obvs out of touch with kid tv!

    Megan
    Mrs. Wheeler’s First Grade
    Mrs. Wheeler TpT

    Allison Officer, M.S.Ed said...

    I didn't know LaLaLoopsy until this year! I know there are dolls but I don't know if it is a show or something.

    Unknown said...

    Aww those are so cute!! I love the monster one :)

    - Sasha
    The Autism Helper

    Rae said...

    I love finding other blogs that blog about students with special needs. I too am a special educator. I am your newest follower

    Rae
    Mindful Rambles